Wednesday 22 June 2011

ASP.NET Web Forms MVP - what MS forget

MS has created a Model-View-Presenter framework for web forms. ASP.NET Web Forms MVP
It looks very good and I will probably use it for new web form projects (god forbid) and inject it in legacy web form projects. I like the testability and SoC and features like databinding a la Silverlight and WPF.

But I think they miss one point, the point I like the most and the reason why I will stick to ASP.NET MVC. The marriage between MVC and AJAX. The RESTfulness of MVC. It allows me to build applications with high user experience. I don't like the PostBacks, ViewStates etc. And please don't mention UpdatePanels, I have banged my head against it enough. Especially when I compare it to the beauty of MVC + AJAX.

But for some projects it may be quicker to use web forms. Then I will use it. But it hasn't happend - yet...

No comments:

Post a Comment